Appointments are Mandatory – Please call (585) 872-7055
Monday – Friday, 8:45 am – 3:30 pm
- Both parties must be present at the appointment and know their Social Security Number
- The Marriage License is valid for 60 days with a waiting period of 24 hours prior to the ceremony.
- All documents provided must be in English or professionally translated. If translated, we will need to see the original document plus the translated document (s)
- Both must show proof of identity: We accept a photo driver’s license, a DMV issued non-drivers ID, current US Passport, military ID or original naturalization papers.
- Both must show proof of birth with an Original or Government Certified Birth Certificate. Birth Certificate must contain both parents’ name and have a raised seal. Photocopies are not acceptable. Applicants born in other countries must provided a professionally translated document along with the original birth certificate.
- Married before? We must see proof of how each marriage ended, i.e. final divorce decree or death certificate. If one or both parties have been married more than once, we need to see proof of how each marriage ended, not just the most recent marriage.
- The fee is $40.00, and the Town of Webster accepts cash or check only. Checks should be payable to “Webster Town Clerk”
- The Town of Webster is an issuing agent for the New York State Department of Health