- Parks & Recreation
- 55+ Activities and Services
55+ Activities and Services
Welcome to the Webster Recreation Center 55+ Activities and Services
Whether you are seeking friendship, exercise, educational programs or recreational and leisure activities the Webster Recreation Center is committed to providing these opportunities for 55+ residents of the Town of Webster. We encourage you to check out the various programs and activities we offer in The Webster Parks and Recreation Department’s Program Guide and 55+ Monthly Newsletter, available online and at The Recreation Center. You are also invited to stop by the Webster Recreation Center to see our facilities firsthand. We welcome you to share your ideas about what we can do to enrich your experience with us. Our Senior Coordinator, Daphne Geoca, welcomes both inquiries and suggestions at 585-872-7103 x 7105.
Need a Ride?
Webster residents who are 55+ can request a ride from your door to the Webster Recreation Center and back home again on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Schedule a ride by calling 585-872-7103 x7385 no later than 8am the day of ride.
Lunch Club 60
A delicious, hot meal is served at The Webster Recreation Center, 1350 Chiyoda Drive, Monday through Friday, at 12:00pm. This nutritious lunch is served cafeteria-style for our Lunch Club 60 members. There is a $3.50 suggested contribution for those 60 and older, and a $7.50 charge for those under 60. Although registration is not required, except for special celebrations, participants must fill out a form to be submitted to the county. Each day’s menu is included in the monthly newsletter, which is available at the Recreation Center and on-line. The meal program is administered by the Monroe County Office for the Aging with support from the New York State Office for the Aging and US Administration on Community Living.
We are pleased to announce the return of transportation to/from the Webster Recreation Center! Webster residents who are 55+ can request a ride from your door to ours and back home again on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Thursday’s ride home includes a stop for groceries. Pickup will be between 9:00-10:00am. Return ride will depart the Recreation Center at the conclusion of Lunch Club 60 between 12:30-1:00pm. Limited seats are available on these days and for field trips. The program is available to any resident of Webster, 55 years of age or older. $4.00 round trip per person/per day. You may request transportation by calling 872-7103 ext 7385 no later than 8:00am the day of ride. You will need to provide your name, address, phone number, and requested date(s) for the van.
A trained case manager is available the 4th Tuesday of each month from 9:00am to 11:30am to help individuals age 60 and older and their families sort through the maze of available services, benefits and health insurance for senior citizens and the paperwork that goes with it. No appointment is necessary and services are offered on a first come, first served basis. This service is co-sponsored by the Monroe County Office for the Aging and Lifespan.
Recreational and Leisure Programs/Activities
The Webster Recreation center is dedicated to supporting and enhancing the lives of adults 55 years and older by providing programs and services that promote active, independent, and healthy lifestyles.
• Seminars/Educational Programs – Throughout the year we offer programs that will expand your knowledge, teach you a new skill or help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Recent seminars have provided information on how to protect yourself from the latest scams, how to organize your personal and financial information and ways to avoid falls and keep your body limber.
• Holidays/Theme Parties – There is always something worth celebrating at the Webster Senior Center. Join us for our themed luncheons.
• Bridge/Euchre/Mahjong/Scrabble/Bingo/Rummikub/Left Right Center – If you love to play these games there is a time set aside for playing with others who also enjoy playing. For detailed program information, please see our online registration.
• Visionaries – This support group assists those who are experiencing problems with their vision. The group is facilitated by one of its members, and is being held at the recreation center the first Wednesday of each month at 10:30 am. Guest speakers are sometimes featured at these meetings as well as occasional trips.
• and so much more...
WSPS provides transportation M - F 9am-2:30pm for retirees and disabled residents who live within the Webster School district to the following appointments: Medical, Dental, Dialysis, Chemotherapy, Physical Therapy, Pharmacy, Banking
To schedule a ride: Call 585-216-7829 or visit www.websterwasps.com